Friday, March 28, 2014

The right to be a submissive



Every once in a while I get an email with prompts for journal entries. Today I got one that said this: 

You have the right to be proud of what you are. Being a submissive is nothing that should ever bring you shame or feelings of reproach. Your submissive nature is a gift and should always be a source of pride and happiness.

I know that for some submissives, this is a difficult thing. In this day and age women are taught to be strong and to be independent. For some, it has cost them jobs and relationships, which is just truly sad. 

For me, although not active in the lifestyle right at this moment, it’s a difficult thing to let go of my every day self and to give that control, that power, over to someone else. There are times when I really crave that though, to just be able to let go – ha! Easier said than done! There were times when I was at a dungeon party where I felt uncomfortable for a good while because I had difficulties slipping out of myself and into my submissive self. The rewards however, were great, when I was able to do this. 

How many of you out there struggle with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment